I am excited to share that I was the recipient of the Newbury Comic Faculty Fellowship Grant from the Berklee College of Music. It is a $30,000 grant that will be used to do research how hand function relates to musician's pain and injuries. I am working with Dustin Hardwick, Physical Therapy Professor at the University of South Florida. The research is taking place at USF. We will present our findings at the Performing Arts Medicine (PAMA) National Conference this summer in NYC.
Concert and Workshop, Patos de Minas, Brazil
Body Consciousness for Musicians, Intensive Course
Sao Paulo, Brazil
University of Brasilia, Residency
Workshops, Presentations, Lessons, Concert
July 6-10 PAMA National Conference, presentation of research results
July 24-29 International Society of Music Educators (ISME), Glasgow, Ireland. Solo piano concert and presentation of research results.
Austria Tour with Doug Johnson Trio Tour
- 3-16 Workshop: Graz Jazz Academy
- 3-17 Workshop: Graz Jazz Academy
- 3-18 Concert: Club WIST, Graz
- 3-19 Concert: Marenzihouse, Leibnitz
- 3-20 Concert: Club Cinema, Arborn,Switzerland
- 2-21 Concert: Hotel Bachmair, Wissach, Switzerland
- 2-23 Workshop: Amerikahuas, Vienna
- 3-23 Concert: Amerikahaus, Vienna
- 3-24 Concert: Forumkloster, Gleisdorf
- 3-25 Concert: Jazzland, Vienna
- PAMA (Performing Arts Medicine) Conference Workshop, Toronto
- PAMA (Performing Arts Medicine) Conference Workshop,Tampa
- American Jazz Pianist Competition, Judge
- Melbourne, Florida
- Piano Pedagogy Symposium, University of South Florida, Tampa
- Free to Play
- University of Brasilia, Residency,
- Workshops, Presentations, Lessons, Concert
- ISME International Conference, Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Playing for Health
Doug Johnson is a pianist and an educator and is Associate Professor of Piano at Berklee College of Music.
Doug has performed or recorded with Esperanza Spalding, Luciana Souza, Phil Woods, Terry Lynne Carrington, Jerry Bergonzi, Hal Crook, Ingrid Jensen, Jason Palmer, Marty Erlich, the Jazz Composer's Alliance, and Grace Kelly. Doug has performed in London (Ronnie Scotts), Paris, Berlin (A-Train), Vienna (Jazzland, Porgy and Bess, Joe Zawinul's Birdland), Madrid, Barcelona, Copenhagen and Warsaw, Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Los Angeles and New York (Dizzys Club Coca Cola, Jazz Standard, Birdland); also Kennedy Center, Lincoln Center and the Newport Jazz Festival.
As an educator Doug has done workshops and masterclasses at the University of Vienna, the Vienna Music Institute, the Krakow Jazz Academy, the Freiburg Rock and Jazz Hochschule, American Scociety of Alexander Technique Teachers, (AmSAT) National Convention, the Performing Arts Medicine Association National Conference (PAMA) and Wellesley College and Boston University.
Doug is a Licensed Andover Educator (Body Mapping Certification) and a founding member of the Berklee Performance Wellness Institute. M.M from the New England Conservatory.